Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Back in the West

Hey folks.


So here I am, finalising my move back to the west side, and wondering where it will lead me.

One of the motivators in my return is looking to give something back to the world.  Now how to do that?
Well, one way is get a place that will house hundreds of cats.  I would however, like to be known for more, than being the crazy old cat lady.  Which leads me to this blog.

The vast majority of my disposable income is wasted on.... no, let's call it "supporting",  the food and wine industry around this wide brown land.  Through my dining adventures, I have been to many places that rate from world class leaders to ones that possibly would prefer no mention at all.  My friends and family often call me for recommendations on venues and wines, so I thought I might start a little web thingy that loved ones can log into.  You never know. If enough of you peoples check in, I may make this a little more of a formal gig.

By no means do I consider myself an accomplished writer nor a sommelier, but I am certainly well fed and watered.  I apologise to all those that have seen me overly watered.  I will take a rating system similar to the "GOOD FOOD GUIDE" and rate out of 20, taking in consideration 6 major criteria. Service : Ambiance : Menu Choice : Beverage List : Presentation with the score based on overall experience.

I hope you folks enjoy the read, as I know I will enjoy the task of going to all of these lovely venues.  By all means I would love to go to your favourite place to have a look, perhaps even with you.  Email me suggestions of these hidden gems.

Until my return
Jamie

3 comments:

  1. Very cool idea. I look forward to your first review with great anticipation. See you Westside (?) Candy Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well sir!
    I'm sure many will be tuned in to hear what and where we should be hanging out in our fair city... How is that you happen to know more about whats happenin in the West than us locals??
    But there is nothing better than discovering somewhere new that tantalises the tastebuds and blows the mind....
    I look forward to your first review.
    Welcome home.
    J.

    ReplyDelete